Monday, April 16, 2012

San Diego Part 2

My family wanted to go to an Italian place in Little Italy that looks SUPER vegan unfriendly and I had to pick up some stuff at Whole Foods. Why not pick up some food from their hot bar?

I always get curry or something similar. This time I chose channa masala, daal, saag, lemon rice and grabbed a yummy looking veggie samosa.

Inside shot!

Everything was nice and spicy, except for something that tasted weird and sweet, but I couldn't identify it since all the food got mixed up a little.

After eating in the car, we drove to La Jolla and I snapped a few pictures before my camera's battery died.


Pretty beach

Squirrel munchin' on a flower!


A few days later I went to Achiote with my mom and my brother.
There are two locations, one in San Ysidro and the other in Otay Ranch.

The first time I went there as a vegan with my family I got a little scared, but believe me, there is nothing to fear! These guys know which beans have lard and which ones are vegan/veggie friendly ; )
They served me some sad enchiladas filled with veggies with a side of frijolones.
This time was way way better!
The server suggested sopes : )


These tasty sopes were loaded with their frijolones (tasty, tasty beans), lettuce and tomato salsa.
They may sound a little boring, but they were seriously awesome and very filling.

I'm definitely coming back : )

Edited to add:

We went to Evolution again (because Pokez closed for Easter!) and I forgot to photograph everything except the dessert, raspberry almond cheescake! I'm certain the "cheesy" part had almond extract in it. Kinda like the raspberry lime rickey cheesecake from Vegan Pie in the Sky, but without the lime and with a nutty cookie-like crust.

2 comments:

  1. I finally found another Mexican Vegan n in SoCal too! I found u while trying to find a recipe for enfrujoladas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegan mexican food!? This is the best discovery! Who needs beef in their tacos?

    ReplyDelete